07 July, 2009

Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band Mini Midwest Tour

Just got back from going on tour "with" Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley band a few days ago. I say "with" because we didn't actually go on tour with them, we just kind of followed them around the midwest for 4 days. Kansas City, Columbia, Louisville, & a surprise show in Cleveland.

Being on the road was one of those all time great adventures. I know last year when I went skydiving that I wanted to try and cross off items on my list of 'things to do before i die' and following a band on tour was definitely one of those things. After spending only 5 days on the road, Sharon & I were exhausted. We have mad respect for all musicians who tour all the time. It's a rough ride and we didn't go on-stage every night.

Having the taste of what it's like to constantly travel. To wake up in a different city every day. Cross state lines and put miles behind you and the place you were. Meet someone new in every city. It was incredible. Today was the most difficult day of work I've ever had. Having to return to the monotony of my computer and my cubicle and the woes of men with mighty egos was just hard. I wanted so much to be in the car driving to another venue to another show.

It made me that much more excited for Scotland. I can't wait to have that possibility to just go and see the places I've always wanted to without a job or anything holding me back. I want to be able to travel and never stop. That's where I'm at right now. I just want to keep going to I find what it is I'm looking for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bright eyes?

I don't listen to hip hop.